Monday, March 5, 2012

History Lesson Akers Style

Seeing as I grew up in the same house as Adam, I can reminisce on old times and the music embedded within each of those memories. This post has no reflection on Dan & his sanity, just us Akers.

Music has been a major part of our lives.
One of my first memories with music other than Disney songs, is when we got the CD of Journey's Greatest Hits. Our family listened to this regularly. With every song being a hit, I think our favorite was Wheel in the Sky. (Adam, you're gonna love this video, mustache and all...)


Let me paint a little picture for you... I'd say I was between 9 and 12 which would make adam between 6 and 9. Here's a little family pic to get the idea...

Left to Right: Michael, Chelsie, Hannah & Adam

We had moved from East Mesa into a more central Mesa house, we called it the Farm House (because it was in the middle of a corn field). Our parents still owned the old house out in East Mesa and had rented it out. There had been some bad tenants who left the place a complete mess so we spent nights and weekends out there cleaning it up and getting it ready for the next tenants. 

It was around this time that we acquired our first Journey CD. We would listen to it in the car on the way out there and we would listen to it as we "helped" our parents with the cleaning process. When we needed a little break, we would perform little dance numbers to these journey songs as we sang along like real rock stars. (I know we have video of this somewhere and if I were in AZ I would go to any lengths needed to get those clips up here...It's probably a good thing for Adam's reputation that I am not in AZ right now.) Just imagine, cute little blond adam jumping around with a paint brush as a microphone, singing his lungs out and finishing it all of in the splits! 

I attribute part of our love of music and Adam's musical talents to Journey and more specifically "wheel in the sky". 

No comments:

Post a Comment